COMPREHENSIVE COMMUNITY PLAN UPDATE:
CLICK HERE and take a moment to answer a few questions based on the current conditions of, and your desired future for the Town of Richmond. The residents of Richmond will guide our Comprehensive Community Plan update!
** Please join us at 7pm on June 25th for a public meeting where we'll take input on the Comprehensive Community Plan. See flyer for details.**
Agendas & Minutes
- 7 p.m.
- Second and fourth Tuesday of every month (meeting dates are subject to change)
- Planning Board's 2019 Meeting Schedule (PDF)
The Planning Board meets to hear applications for land development projects, including subdivisions, and to conduct development plan reviews. In addition, the Planning Board holds work sessions on the fourth Tuesday of the month to discuss pending applications, ordinance amendments, and other planning matters. All meetings are open to the public.
Applicants must first schedule a pre-submission conference with the Town Planner. An application for the Planning Board that is subsequently submitted must be certified complete two weeks (14 days) before a scheduled meeting to be placed on the agenda for consideration.
- Philip Damicis, Chair
- Nancy Hess, Vice-Chair
- Richard I. Millar
- Carolyn S. Richard
- Andrea Baranyk
- Pierre M. Duval
- Mark Trimmer
- Juliana Berry (Ex-Officio) - Town Planner
Planning Board Duties
The Planning Board prepares and updates the Comprehensive Community Plan and makes recommendations to the Town Council and Zoning Board of Review on zoning matters as needed. Here is the state-approved comprehensive plan for the Town of Richmond (PDF).
Decisions by the Planning Board, or by the town planner acting as the Administrative Officer, may be appealed to the Zoning Board of Review in its capacity as the Board of Appeal. Applications forms for planning appeals may be obtained from the building, planning, and zoning Clerk.
Development Plan Reviews
Detailed instructions for Development Plan Review can be found in Chapter 18.54 of the Zoning Ordinance. The checklist for Development Plan Review is in Chapter 15 of the Land Development and Subdivision Regulations.
The Planning Board reviews applications for development plan review, major and minor land developments, and major and minor subdivisions. Consult the Land Development and Subdivision Regulations and/or the Zoning Ordinances for additional information.
For information on federal government programs in Rhode Island related to open space, conservation, and agricultural preservation contact the Natural Resource Conservation Services.
- Comprehensive Permit Application (PDF)
- Development Plan Review Application (PDF)
- Land Development or Subdivision Approval Application (PDF)
- Shannock Design Guidelines (PDF)
- Town of Richmond Comprehensive Community Plan (PDF)
- Application Notification List (PDF)
- Recording Stamps
- Owner's Authorization (PDF)
- Citizens' Guide to Land Development (PDF)
- Citizens' Guide Planning Board Public Hearings (PDF)
- Application for Amendment to the Zoning Ordinance (PDF)
- Comprehensive Plan Amendment application 050616 (PDF)