The Tax Assessor’s Office is located on the second floor of the Town Hall Building. The mission is to produce and certify an accurate and timely tax roll on an annual basis. The office is responsible for identifying, listing, and estimating the market value of all residential, commercial and industrial property, business and personal property, and registered motor vehicles within the town in a manner specified by law.
Vision Government Solutions is Richmond's Online Database for the Town of Richmond. Visit the site to enter the Assessor's Online Database.
Important Dates and Deadlines
- January 31 - Deadline for filing Personal Property Declaration to the Assessor
- January 31 – Deadline for filing Farm, Forest & Open Space Applications
- March 15 - Deadline for filing Personal Property Declaration with an approved Extension
- April 15 – Deadline for filing Senior Citizen & 100% Social Security Exemption Applications
- June – Certification of Tax Roll
- July – Mailing of current year tax bills
- Senior Citizen
- 100% Social Security Disabled
- Veteran/Unmarried Widow or Widower of Veteran
- 100% Disabled Veteran
- Gold Star
- Specially adapted housing for Veteran & unmarried widow or widower of Veteran
- Motor Vehicle for “Specially Adapted Handicapped Motor Vehicle” (50% of value)
Tax Exemption Forms
Annual Camper Declaration
Farm, Forest and Open Space Land Classification Application
Personal Property Annual Return to Assessor
Proration Info (New Construction)
Per RI General Law 44-5-13.4, newly completed construction occurring after any December 31 date of assessment will be issued a prorated bill.
The additional tax bill is calculated on the number of days remaining from the date the Certificate of Occupancy was issued, or from the date the structure was first used for the purpose for which it was built, whichever comes earlier, until December 31 for the assessment year in which the new construction is completed.