Town Clerk


The Office of the Town Clerk is responsible for providing a number of services to the public including the receiving and recording of all land evidence records, vital statistics, voter registration, preparation and maintenance of all elections including the Financial Town Meeting, probate, business license applications, the issuance of certified copies of birth, death and marriage certificates, issuance of the actual marriage license, dog licenses, hunting and fishing licenses. In addition to receiving, recording, and issuing these documents, this office is responsible for the maintenance, indexing and storage of all of these records as required by state law.

The Town Clerk’s Office is open Monday through Friday 9:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M. However, we are open by Appointment only for the issuance of a Marriage License. Please visit the following for more information on the issuance of Marriage Records:

While we are open to the public we would like you to take advantage of our online services. Please see helpful links below:

Our Land Records and Probate Records are now available online!
Please visit
You may log in as a guest or create a user account.

Voter Information:  Check your voter status, track your ballot, and locate your polling place to by visiting the following link:

Marriage, Birth and Death Certificates- Please visit the following link to obtain copies electronically:

Image result for new Your dog's license can now be renewed online!

Chariho School District - Issuance of Locator Cards:

The Town of Richmond has developed and adopted a new policy for the issuance of locator cards. To obtain a locator card, one of the child’s/student’s parents, guardians or a person acting in loco parentis or acting on behalf of homeless children/students must respond to the Town Clerk’s Office and provide the following documents: 

  1. A valid photo identification, such as a current RI motor vehicle operator’s license with current street address, state identification card, or passport.  If you need to update your address with the RI DMV, click on this link
  2. A certified copy of the child’s/student’s birth certificate; 
  3. Proof of residency, such as a piece of mail with a current address, tax bill, utility bill, executed property deed, or some other proof of residency; 
  4. If not a homeowner, a rental lease agreement granting possession of a dwelling and verification of occupancy by the landlord; 
  5. In addition, an Affidavit of Residency/Homelessness, provided by the Town Clerk’s Office must be completed and attested to. 

*An English translation must be provided for any documents, not in English. 

There may be a delay of a few days before a locator card can be issued while eligibility for enrollment is being determined.