Agendas & Minutes
Most Recent Agenda (PDF) | View All Agendas and Minutes
- For a list of current members, please see this link
The trust is administered by seven trustees, who are Richmond residents appointed by the Town Council to five-year terms. The RRPLT works with other land conservation agencies, such as the Nature Conservancy and the Rhode Island Department of Environmental Management, to facilitate the purchase of land or development rights in Richmond.
The trust works to:
- Preserve agricultural land, open spaces, fresh water wetlands, adjoining uplands, wildlife habitats and groundwater recharge areas
- Identify and protect vital areas with the cooperation of private and governmental organizations
- Provide public access to acquired lands for various passive activities including biking, hiking, and fishing
- Actively steward the land trust properties through monitoring and management
The mission of the Richmond Rural Preservation Land Trust is to identify, preserve, and protect open space within the Town of Richmond in perpetuity; to maintain the town’s rural character and ecological assets; and to act as responsible stewards of land acquired or placed in conservation easement.
2023 Meeting Dates (PDF)