Agendas & Minutes
View all agendas and minutes.
- 7 p.m.
- Second and fourth Tuesday of every month (meeting dates are subject to change)
- Planning Board's 2018 Meeting Schedule
Applicants must first schedule a pre-submission conference with the Town Planner. An application for the Planning Board that is subsequently submitted must be certified complete two weeks (14 days) before a scheduled meeting to be placed on the agenda for consideration.
- Philip Damicis, Chair
- Nancy Hess, Vice-Chair
- Richard I. Millar
- Carolyn S. Richard
- Andrea Baranyk
- Pierre M. Duval
- Juliana Berry (Ex-Officio) - Town Planner
Planning Board Duties
The Planning Board prepares and updates the Comprehensive Community Plan and makes recommendations to the Town Council and Zoning Board of Review on zoning matters as needed. Here is the state-approved comprehensive plan for the Town of Richmond.
Decisions by the Planning Board, or by the town planner acting as the Administrative Officer, may be appealed to the Zoning Board of Review in its capacity as the Board of Appeal. Applications forms for planning appeals may be obtained from the building, planning, and zoning Clerk.
Development Plan Reviews
Detailed instructions for Development Plan Review can be found in Chapter 18.54 of the Zoning Ordinance. The checklist for Development Plan Review is in Chapter 15 of the Land Development and Subdivision Regulations.
The Planning Board reviews applications for development plan review, major and minor land developments, and major and minor subdivisions. Consult the Land Development and Subdivision Regulations and/or the Zoning Ordinances for additional information.
For information on federal government programs in Rhode Island related to open space, conservation, and agricultural preservation contact the Natural Resource Conservation Services.
- Land Development or Subdivision Approval Application
- Town of Richmond Comprehensive Community Plan
- Development Plan Review Application
- Comprehensive Permit Application
- Shannock Design Guidelines
- Application Notification List
- Recording Stamps
- Owner's Authorization
- Citizens' Guide to Land Development
- Citizens' Guide Planning Board Public Hearings
- Application for Amendment to the Zoning Ordinance
- Comprehensive Plan Amendment application 050616