Economic Development Commission
Agendas & Minutes
For a list of members, please see this link
The mission of the commission is to:
- Encourage the attraction and expansion of industrial and commercial development that is consistent with the environmental policies in the Comprehensive Community Plan and town ordinances and regulations.
- Develop site criteria for new business development and expansion of existing businesses, and identify locations that are most suitable for nonresidential development;
- Recommend strategies to enhance local conditions favorable to the promotion of responsible economic growth;
- Identify potential cooperative ventures with the University of Rhode Island to stimulate commercial and industrial development; and
- Research federal and state economic development funding assistance programs and services. Encourage the attraction and expansion of industrial and commercial development that is consistent with the environmental policies in the Comprehensive Community Plan and town ordinances and regulations.
SMALL BUSINESS GRANT PROGRAM:
The Town of Richmond encourages small businesses to establish themselves in Richmond and as such, has created a Small Business Grant program. In order to qualify for a grant of up to $5,000, the business must be currently in operation in Richmond, be moving to Richmond, or be expanding their operation in Richmond. Details of the program can be found at this link, and an application for can be found here.
Available Properties (as of 02/6/23 - please refer to their listings for updated information):
https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/20180179/60-Kingstown-Rd-Richmond-RI/ - zoned Planned Unit Development Village Center
https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/Stilson-Rd-Richmond-RI/6034631/ - zoned General Business
https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/1133-1135-1137-Main-Richmond/27088166/ - zoned General Business