Be alert and drive with caution, remember winter storm create slick road conditions,
maintain safe distances between vehicles and decrease your driving speed and allow
additional time to stop.
2) Expect delays allow extra driving time and please do not pass the plow trucks.
Stay back 50’ from the plow truck and do not crowd in behind him, the vehicle may
reverse direction at intersections.
3) Park vehicles off the roadway, a parking ban will be in effect and the Police may tow
vehicles that interfere with snow removal operations.
4) Teach children not to approach a plow truck and to not throw objects at the truck or into
roadway, do not allow them to play, sled or build snow forts in the road or within close
proximity to the roadway.
5) Remove all basketball hoops, hockey goals, skateboard ramps and other items that
should not be in the roadway. The Town is not responsible for damage done to items
left in the right-of way.
6) Trees and other landscape features that are within the right-of way and close to the edge of
the roadway are not the responsibility of the Town if damage is done.The Town has the
right to remove and trim trees, branches and shrubs that interfere and damage our
7) The Town is not responsible for snow that is deposited in your driveway, we do not do this
intentionally and each side of the road receives the same amount of snow.
8) Mailboxes are damaged in many ways, if our equipment physically hits it with the plow
or backs into it, we will repair or replace it, mailboxes that are damaged by snow from the
plow is not the town’s responsibility. A properly installed and maintained mailbox should
withstand snow removal efforts.
9) The shoveling of, snow blowing of and the plowing of snow into a town road from
a private driveway, parking lot or private road is prohibited and punishable