The Zoning office is charged with the administration and enforcement of the Zoning Ordinance of the Town of Richmond and consists of the following duties:
- To interpret and enforce the provisions of the Zoning Ordinance in the manner and form and with the powers provided in the laws of the State, the Charter and Ordinances of the Town.
- Review and refer all variances, special use permits and appeals to the Zoning Board of Review. Grant or deny applications for modifications.
- To provide guidance and clarification and issue zoning certificate(s) to requesting parties.
- To receive and investigate violations that are alleged to have occurred and to notify in writing the person responsible for such violation, indicating the nature of the violation and order the action necessary to correct it.
- Perform such other duties and exercise such other powers as are authorized by the Ordinance.
The Zoning Board of Review grants relief from the terms of the Zoning Ordinance, in the form of special use permits and variances (including use variances and dimensional variances). The Zoning Board of Review also hears appeals of violation notices and other determinations by the zoning enforcement officer. For more information about the Zoning Board of Review, please visit this link.
Zoning Board of Review Application 06.19.20
Instructions for Applicants 01.14.20
Sample Abutters List 01.14.20
Sample Radius Map 01.14.20
Affidavit of Service 01.14.20
ZBR Rules of Procedure as Amended 10.22.18
Sign Permit Application
Zoning Determination Application
Zoning certificate Application
Zoning Complaint Form